IPL is definitely the biggest & best league in the world. In the last five-six years, there has been a big difference in IPL & other T20 leagues. Most of the top quality overseas players have played in the IPL. Such is the strength, that international boards choose not to schedule games during IPL season. In this article, we will tell you who is the king of IPL.
When quality players are concerned Indian Premier League is the biggest and legendary players have played in the IPL including Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Pointing, Adam Gilchrist, Muttiah Muralitharan, Shane Warne, Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid, Glenn McGrath and many more. More than 1000 players have played the biggest T20 league in the world IPL. Fans would be excited to know who is the king of IPL.
King of IPL – Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma, popularly known as the Hitman is the undisputed King of IPL. Rohit Sharma is the only player to win six IPL trophies. He has won five IPL Finals as the captain of the Mumbai Indians. He also won one IPL trophy with Deccan Chargers. When talking about IPL trophies, nobody comes near our Hitman. Rohit Sharma has established his name as the most successful captain in the IPL with five trophies, the most by anyone in the tournament.
Rohit Sharma is an explosive batsman and a prolific run-getter. Since 2011, Rohit has been an integral part of the Mumbai Indians guiding their batting line-up. The Mumbai Indians opener has not won an orange cap still he is one of the 5 batsmen to score more than 5000 Indian Premier League runs. As the skipper, Rohit has the highest win percentage of 59.82.
Why Rohit Sharma is known as the King of IPL ?
Rohit Sharma is often regarded as one of the most successful and influential players in the history of the Indian Premier League (IPL). While the title of “king” of the IPL may be subjective and can vary depending on personal preferences, there are several reasons why Rohit Sharma is highly regarded in the context of the IPL:
- Leadership: Rohit Sharma has been the captain of the Mumbai Indians (MI) since 2013. Under his leadership, MI has achieved great success, winning multiple IPL championships. His captaincy skills and ability to make crucial decisions on the field have been instrumental in MI’s dominance in the tournament.
- Consistency: Rohit is known for his consistent and impactful batting in the IPL. He has been one of the leading run-scorers in the history of the tournament and has consistently performed well as an opener for MI.
- Match-Winning Performances: Rohit Sharma has a reputation for delivering match-winning performances. He has the ability to play big innings in pressure situations, and his ability to anchor an innings or accelerate as needed has been crucial for his team.
- Adaptability: Rohit is versatile in his approach to batting, which allows him to adapt to different conditions and formats. Whether it’s playing aggressively or building an innings patiently, he has showcased adaptability, making him a valuable asset to his team.
- Records and Achievements: Rohit Sharma holds several records in the IPL, including the most centuries by a player and the most sixes by an Indian player. He has consistently been among the top run-scorers in the tournament.
- Team Loyalty: Rohit has been a one-team player in the IPL, representing the Mumbai Indians throughout his career. His loyalty to the franchise and his long-standing association with MI have endeared him to the fans.
It’s worth noting that opinions on who the “king” of the IPL is can vary, and other players like Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, and Chris Gayle have also left a significant mark on the tournament. The assessment of a player’s impact in the IPL may change over time as new talents emerge and the tournament evolves. To get the most up-to-date information and opinions on this matter, you may want to check recent IPL performances and discussions.
If we talk about individual performances, RCB skipper Virat Kohli deserve the ‘King of IPL’ tag. Virat Kohli is the highest run scorer of IPL but he has not won the IPL trophy. He has featured in IPL finals just two time. So he cannot conferred with the title of IPL king.