Cricket is by far the most loved sport in India and constitutes part of the country’s culture. Cricket can be termed as the religion of the country in terms of the pure obsession and popularity it managers to generate. This sport has featured many legendary players. So fans must be thinking about the greatest player in the history of cricket. In this article, we will tell you who is the God of Cricket.
Who is the GOD of CRICKET?
Sachin Tendulkar is the God of cricket. There will be only one god of cricket, either take it for past , present and future. There are tons of good cricketers who have played this game but no one can come near Sachin. There will be only one god forever in cricket whose name is Sachin Tendulkar.
Why Sachin Tendulkar is known as the GOD of CRICKET?
Sachin Tendukar is called God of Cricket because of the records made by him. His records are unbreakable over the years. Almost every batting record in Test and ODI cricket is under his name. The following are the reasons as to why Sachin Tendulkar is the God of Cricket.
- Sachin played majority of his cricket in absence of DRS. If there was DRS rule in Sachin’s era, then Master Blaster would have scored even more runs and centuries. He was given out many times when he was clearly Not out.
- He played in an era, when T20 leagues was not introduced. Batsman didn’t have the opportunity to understand the bowlers of other nations. He just face them in the match.
- Sachin played in a cricketing era which was dominated by bowlers. Now it is much easier to score big runs as compared to that era. Sachin has played in the era of bowlers like Shoaib Akhtar, Wasim Akram, Shane Warne, Mcgrath, Brett Lee, Shane Bond and many others. During Sachin’s young cricketing carrier he played against many legendary bowlers in a tough turf condition.
- Sachin was fearless even at the age of 16 when he made his debut against Pakistan. He used to bear burden of whole team on his shoulders.
- Sachin didn’t have any controversy throughout his career. His image always remained in good light. He was also humble on the ground against the opponents. Sachin Tendulkar always remains calm in the field and usually answers with the bat for the sledging actions from the bowlers.
- He was the first batsman to score double century in ODIs and opened the path to 200 in ODIs. At that time, it was almost impossible to even think about an individual double century.
The unmatched records created by Sachin Tendulkar made him the God of Cricket.
Sachin Tendulkar ODI Records
The highest number of centuries (49) and fifties (96)
Most centuries in a calendar year (9 in 1998)
The first person to score a double century
Maximum 150+ run-scores
The highest number of the Man of the Match awards (62)
Most Man of the Series awards (15)
Sachin Tendulkar Test Records
The highest number of centuries (51)
Leading run-scorer (11,953)
Joint-fastest cricketer to reach 10,000 runs in Test cricket with Brian Lara
1000+ Test runs in a calendar years (6 times – 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010)
Only player in the world to have scored 5 Test centuries before turning 20