Virat Kohli is one of the greatest cricketers of our time, and he has been breaking records since he burst onto the international scene. Kohli has been particularly impressive in Test cricket, where he has established himself as one of the leading batsmen in the world. In this article, we will take a closer look at Kohli’s centuries in Test cricket and examine what makes them so special.
Kohli made his Test debut for India in June 2011, and it did not take him long to announce himself on the big stage. He scored his first Test century in just his sixth innings, against Australia in Adelaide. It was a remarkable knock, as Kohli scored an unbeaten 116 in a losing cause, against a bowling attack that included the likes of Mitchell Johnson and Ryan Harris. It was a sign of things to come from Kohli, who would go on to score many more centuries in Test cricket.
Since that first century, Kohli has gone on to score 27 more in Test cricket, and his tally of 28 puts him joint-fourth on the all-time list of Indian century-makers in Tests, alongside Sunil Gavaskar.
Kohli’s Test centuries have come against a variety of opposition and in a range of conditions. He has scored centuries in Australia, England, South Africa, West Indies, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh, and he has also scored centuries in India against all major Test-playing nations. Kohli’s highest Test score is 254 not out, which he scored against South Africa in Pune in 2019.
What makes Kohli’s centuries in Test cricket so special is the manner in which he scores them. Kohli is known for his aggressive approach to batting, and he is not one to shy away from a challenge. He has a remarkable ability to play the big innings when his team needs it the most, and he has often been the difference-maker in tight Test matches.
Kohli’s ability to score centuries on difficult pitches and against high-quality bowling attacks is what sets him apart from many of his contemporaries. He has the technique, the temperament, and the hunger to succeed at the highest level, and he has consistently delivered the goods for India in Test cricket.
In conclusion, Virat Kohli’s centuries in Test cricket are a testament to his skill, determination, and hunger for success. He is one of the leading batsmen of his generation, and he has already established himself as a legend of the game. As he continues to score runs and break records, there is no doubt that Kohli will go down as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of Test cricket.
List of Virat Kohli’s Test Centuries:
- 116(213) vs AUS in Adelaide, 2012
- 103(193) vs NZ in Bengaluru, 2012
- 103(295) vs ENG in Nagpur, 2012
- 107(206) vs AUS in Chennai, 2013
- 119(181) vs SA in Johannesburg, 2013
- 105*(135) vs NZ in Wellington, 2014
- 115(184) vs AUS in Adelaide, 2014
- 141(175) vs AUS in Adelaide, 2014
- 169(272) vs AUS in Melbourne, 2014
- 147(230) vs AUS in Sydney, 2015
- 103(191) vs SL in Galle, 2015
- 200(283) vs WI in North Sound, 2016
- 211(366) vs NZ in Indore, 2016
- 167(267) vs ENG in Visakhapatnam, 2016
- 235(340) vs ENG in Mumbai(WS), 2016
- 204(246) vs BAN in Hyderabad, 2017
- 103*(136) vs SL in Galle, 2017
- 104*(119) vs SL in Kolkata, 2017
- 213(267) vs SL in Nagpur, 2017
- 243(287) vs SL in Delhi, 2017
- 153(217) vs SA in Centurion, 2018
- 149(225) vs ENG in Birmingham, 2018
- 103(197) vs ENG in Nottingham, 2018
- 139(230) vs WI in Rajkot, 2018
- 123(257) vs AUS in Perth, 2018
- 254*(336) vs SA in Pune, 2019
- 136(194) vs BAN in Kolkata, 2019
- 186(364) vs AUS in Ahmedabad, 2023
Virat Kohli Latest Test Century
The latest test cenitury of Virat Kohli came n the thrilling 4th Test match between India and Australia in the BGT 2023 series. Cricket fans were treated to an extraordinary display of skill and determination. One standout performance that captured the hearts of millions was Virat Kohli’s remarkable century. With his exceptional batting prowess and unwavering focus, Kohli led the Indian team to a memorable series victory.
As the match commenced, all eyes were on Virat Kohli, the Indian team’s batting maestro. Facing a potent Australian pace attack, Kohli displayed remarkable composure and technique. He skillfully negotiated the swinging new ball, weathering the storm and laying a solid foundation for the Indian innings. In a display of sheer brilliance, Kohli reached his century, sending waves of jubilation throughout the stadium. His century was a testament to his impeccable timing, footwork, and shot selection. The crowd erupted in applause, acknowledging the genius of one of the modern greats of the game.