The England Cricket Team is in a destructive form just before the start of T20 World Cup. Their game on display has been on an elite level. They have adopted an ALL-OUT ATTACK approach. They will enter this tournament under the new leadership of Jos Buttler. The team is full of world class all-rounders. England lost to New Zealand in the semi finals of the last edition. England are one of the favorites to lift the trophy. The only concern with them is the fitness of important players. In this post, we have made a prediction on India’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
England’s Squad for T20 World Cup 2022
England’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022
It will be a tough task for the selectos to pick their playing XI out of the 15 member squad. Here is England’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022:
- Jos Buttler (c) : – Jos Buttler will lead the England team at the ICC T20 World Cup in 2022. He will try to give a revamp after their failed campaign in the last edition. He has brought a change in ideology of the team. The batters are now playing freely without worrying about losing their wicket. Jos Buttler himself has been in red-hot form.
- Alex Hales :- Jonny Bairstow was ruled out of World Cup due to an injury. Alex Hales was included as his replacement. He has returned to the T20 squad after a gap of three long years. It will be best to use him as an opener after Jason Roy missed to get a place in the squad.
- Dawid Malan :- He was number one T20 batsman at a time. Malan has quite good game against spin. He also plays with a high strike rate so that the other batters around him can flawlessly play their strokes. He deserves a place in England’s Best Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
- Moeen Ali :- He can be floated at number 3 if Dawid Malan is not very comfortable. He can be used as a finisher too. Moeen Ali is a complete package for the England Cricket Team. MS Dhoni got the best out of him after sending him at the top of the order. He is very dynamic and can be used as an opener, middle order batsman and even as a finisher. He also 2 overs in the powerplay as well. His multi dimensional capability gets him a place in England’s Best Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
- Liam Livingstone :- He might prove to be the most valuable player for England at the ICC T20 World Cup 2022. Along with explosive batting, he also offers a few overs of leg-spin and off-spin. He is a complete package for the T20 format. He can bowl in tandem with Moeen.
- Ben Stokes :- Stokes will come in the spot of former skipper Eoin Morgan. His commitment for the game is just on an another level. He missed the last edition of the World Cup due to personal reasons. His return to the team will make it more strong.
- Sam Curran :- The youngster keeps the environment alive which makes him a complete team man. Curran has not been given enough opportunities to prove himself for England. However, on his day, the CSK all rounder can take the game away.
- Chris Woakes :- The fast bowler has been included in 15-member squad after he recovered from the injury. Chris Woakes’ contributions have diminished under the limelight of Ben Stokes. He can control the situation in powerplay overs. Woakes can make the best use of the Australian conditions to swing the ball. In addition to his bowling, he can also bat at number 8.
- Mark Wood :- The unavailability of Jofra Archer is a huge setback for England. The team don’t have many options in the fast bowling department and that means Mark Wood has to be given a spot in the England’s playing 11.
- Chris Jordan :- Chris Jordan will complete the England’s Best Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022. Jordan delivered satisfactory performance in the last edition where he picket 6 wickets in 5 matches at an average of just 16.50.
Adil Rashid :- And finally, the leg spinner comes. Adil Rashid can take advantage of the big grounds in Australia as it will be difficult for batsmen to hit the ball out of the ground. He completes the England’s Best Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.