The IPL 2022 Mega Auction completed successfully on Sunday. Punjab Kings had a successful outing in the mega auction. Punjab made only 2 retentions before the mega auctions. They were Mayank Agarwal and Arshdeep Singh. That’s why they had the biggest purse for the auction. PBKS playing 11 2022 is filled with some famous match winners. PBKS covered all the important spots that they were required to fill. In this article, we will see the best playing 11 of PBKS in IPL 2022.
Punjab Kings IPL 2022 Squad
Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, Arshdeep Singh, Kagiso Rabada, Jonny Bairstow, Rahul Chahar, Harpreet Brar, Shahrukh Khan, Prabhsimran Singh, Jitesh Sharma, Ishan Porel, Liam Livingstone, Odeon Smith, Sandeep Sharma, Raj Angad Bawa, Rishi Dhawan, Prerak Mankad, Vaibhav Arora, Writtick Chatterjee, Baltej Dhanda, Ansh Patel, Nathan Ellis, Atharva Taide, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Benny Howell
PBKS playing 11 2022
- Mayank Agarwal – He was among the two players who were retained by Punjab kings ahead of the 2022 IPL Mega auction. He was bought by Punjab kings in the 2018 auction and since then he has proven his worth by making consistent runs for the team. For PBKS, Mayank Agarwal has played 47 matches and in those he has scored 1317 runs. Mayank has also scored a century in IPL. Now he has been assigned with the task of captaincy, so it will be interesting to see how his performance goes in the upcoming season. He will be leading PBKS playing 11 2022.
- Shikhar Dhawan – Unfortunately, the veteran Indian opener was not retained by Delhi Capitals ahead of the auction. He is one of the most experienced batter in the IPL. In the auction many teams fought against each other to get him however at last he went to PBKS for 8.25 crores. The team has bought him as a replacement of KL Rahul. He will be opening alongside Mayank Agarwal. In IPL, Dhawan has scored 5783 runs in 192 matches. The veteran batsman will be the backbone of PBKS playing 11 2022.
- Jonny Bairstow – It was quite shocking to see that Sunrisers Hyderabad did not retain the English wicket keeper batsman. In the auction he was sold to PBKS for 6.75 crores. However SRH also went after him but in the end it was PBKS who won the bid. Bairstow has played 28 matches in IPL and has scored 1038 runs. He will keep the gloves in PBKS playing 11 2022.
- Liam Livingstone – There is no doubt that Livingstone has been one of the most explosive batsman at the present moment in T20 cricket. He can be used as an all-rounder also. At first he was not a regular player in England playing 11 however with his consistent performances he has booked himself a spot in the national team. He was also a member of the England T20 World Cup squad. His addition in the PBKS playing 11 2022 makes it more destructive.
- Raj Bawa – This youngster will definitely going to shine in the future. He was one of the brightest stars in the winning campaign of India under 19 team at the World Cup. Raj Bawa is an all rounder who can play a crucial role for his team. He took a 5 wicket haul in the final of the ICC under 19 World Cup. Punjab purchases him for 2 crores. It is likely that the management will give him enough opportunities to feature in PBKS playing 11 2022.
- Shahrukh Khan – This decision by PBKS management was quite confusing because in the beginning Shahrukh Khan was not retained by franchise. However Punjab kings went after him at the auction and bring him for 9 crores. He is a right handed better who has the ability to hit big shots. He has been bought back for a high price which proves that he will be a regular starter in PBKS playing 11 2022.
- Odeon Smith – The West Indian all rounder has emerged in the world cricket just a a few months ago. He is a player who has the capability of hitting the ball out of the ground. Smith has impressed with his all round skills in the ODI series against India. He was bought by Punjab kings for 6 crores at the auction. He is the only big all-rounder in PBKS playing 11 2022.
- Harpreet Brar – He is an all rounder who is the local talent for Punjab Kings. The team released him but later bought him back for 3.8 crore. He made his debut last season and impressed with his terrific spell against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Harpreet is yet to make his international debut but will be a regular member of PBKS playing 11 2022.
- Kagiso Rabada – Delhi capitals decided to release Rabada ahead of the auctions. The South African pacer attracted bidding war between all 10 teams. He’s a lethal bowler who can take wickets at any time in the game. He formed a good pair with Anrich Nortje last year but now he will have to play in the Punjab kings 11. Rabada will lead the pace attack of PBKS playing 11 2022.
- Rahul Chahar – The young spinner has been a part of Mumbai Indians for the last couple of seasons. However Punjab kings bought him for 5.25 crores in IPL 2022 auction. He was also selected in the India’s T20 World Cup squad ahead of Chahal. It is a must to have a leg spinner in your team at the IPL. He is the only match winner spinner in PBKS playing 11 2022.
Arshdeep Singh – Besides Mayank Agarwal, Arshdeep Singh was also retained by Punjab kings ahead of the Mega auctions. He is a discovery of IPL. Arshdeep is a young pacer who has the ability to shine and made the impact in the match. He was one of the two retained players which makes him a starter in PBKS playing 11 2022.