The IPL 2023 Auction completed successfully. Punjab Kings had a successful outing in the mega auction. In this auction, Punjab bought the most expensive player in the history of Indian Premier League. They had the biggest purse for the auction and that’s why they were able to brought in Sam Curran. This time the team will take on the field with their new skipper Shikhar Dhawan. PBKS playing 11 2023 is filled with some famous match winners. PBKS covered all the important spots that they were required to fill. In this article, we will see the best playing 11 of PBKS in IPL 2023.
Punjab Kings IPL 2023 Squad
Wicketkeepers: Jonny Bairstow (ENG), Prabhsimran Singh, Jitesh Sharma.
Batters: Shikhar Dhawan, Bhanuka Rajapaksa (SL), M. Shahrukh Khan, Atharva Taide, Harpreet Bhatia.
All-rounders: Raj Bawa, Rishi Dhawan, Liam Livingstone (ENG), Sam Curran (ENG), Sikandar Raza (ZIM), Shivam Singh, Mohit Rathee.
Bowlers: Arshdeep Singh, Baltej Singh, Rahul Chahar, Nathan Ellis (AUS), Harpreet Brar, Kagiso Rabada (SA), Vidwath Kaverappa.
PBKS playing 11 2023
- Shikhar Dhawan – Unfortunately, the veteran Indian opener was not retained by Delhi Capitals ahead of the auction. He is one of the most experienced batter in the IPL. In the auction many teams fought against each other to get him however at last he went to PBKS for 8.25 crores. The team has bought him as a replacement of KL Rahul. In IPL, Dhawan has scored 5783 runs in 192 matches. The veteran batsman will be the backbone of PBKS playing 11 2023.
- Jonny Bairstow – It was quite shocking to see that Sunrisers Hyderabad did not retain the English wicket keeper batsman. In the auction he was sold to PBKS for 6.75 crores. However SRH also went after him but in the end it was PBKS who won the bid. Bairstow has played 28 matches in IPL and has scored 1038 runs. He will keep the gloves in PBKS playing 11 2023.
- Liam Livingstone – There is no doubt that Livingstone has been one of the most explosive batsman at the present moment in T20 cricket. He can be used as an all-rounder also. At first he was not a regular player in England playing 11 however with his consistent performances he has booked himself a spot in the national team. He was also a member of the England T20 World Cup squad. His addition in the PBKS playing 11 2023 makes it more destructive.
- Bhanuka Rajapaksa – The Sri Lankan batsman has secured his place in the playing 11 of Punjab Kings. In the last season, he did not get enough opportunities because of the limit on foreign players. However, this time his place is confirmed in PBKS playing 11 2023.
- Raj Bawa – This youngster will definitely going to shine in the future. He was one of the brightest stars in the winning campaign of India under 19 team at the World Cup. Raj Bawa is an all rounder who can play a crucial role for his team. He took a 5 wicket haul in the final of the ICC under 19 World Cup. Punjab purchases him for 2 crores. It is likely that the management will give him enough opportunities to feature in PBKS playing 11 2023.
- Shahrukh Khan – This decision by PBKS management was quite confusing because in the beginning Shahrukh Khan was not retained by franchise. However Punjab kings went after him at the auction and bring him for 9 crores. He is a right handed better who has the ability to hit big shots. He has been bought back for a high price which proves that he will be a regular starter in PBKS playing 11 2023.
- Sam Curran – The England all rounder has emerged as one of the best in his department in the world cricket just a a few months ago. He is a player who has the capability of hitting the ball out of the ground. Curran has impressed with his all round skills in the shortest format of the game. He was bought by Punjab kings for 18.5 crores at the auction.
- Harpreet Brar – He is an all rounder who is the local talent for Punjab Kings. The team released him but later bought him back for 3.8 crore. He made his debut last season and impressed with his terrific spell against Royal Challengers Bangalore. Harpreet is yet to make his international debut but will be a regular member of PBKS playing 11 2023.
- Kagiso Rabada – Delhi capitals decided to release Rabada ahead of the auctions. The South African pacer attracted bidding war between all 10 teams. He’s a lethal bowler who can take wickets at any time in the game. He formed a good pair with Anrich Nortje last year but now he will have to play in the Punjab kings 11. Rabada will lead the pace attack of PBKS playing 11 2023.
- Rahul Chahar – The young spinner has been a part of Mumbai Indians for the last couple of seasons. However Punjab kings bought him for 5.25 crores in IPL 2022 auction. He was also selected in the India’s T20 World Cup squad ahead of Chahal. It is a must to have a leg spinner in your team at the IPL. He is the only match winner spinner in PBKS playing 11 2023.
Arshdeep Singh – Besides Mayank Agarwal, Arshdeep Singh was also retained by Punjab kings ahead of the Mega auctions. He is a discovery of IPL. Arshdeep is a young pacer who has the ability to shine and made the impact in the match. He was one of the two retained players which makes him a starter in PBKS playing 11 2023.