IPL 2022 mega auction was held on 12th and 13th February in Bangalore and all the teams have build up their final squads ahead of the next season. The management of Delhi Capitals was quite lucky at the auction as they got some amazing deals. The franchise was successful in covering all the major components of the squad. After the IPL 2022 Mega Auction, Delhi Capitals are looking very positive and impactful. DC have always invested in young players with a view to give a longer-run to most of them. In this auction, they managed to get a mixture of experienced players with promising youngsters. Fans want to know what will be the Delhi Capitals Playing 11 2022.
DC squad looks very balanced after this auction and the best deal was getting David Warner for just 6.25 crore INR. Ahead of this season DC has retained skipper Rishabh Pant, Axar Patel, Prithvi Shaw, and Anrich Nortje and bought some experienced players along with a few youngsters. Now take a look at the DC squad and the possible starting XI for this season.
Delhi Capitals IPL 2022 Squad
Rishabh Pant, Axar Patel, Prithvi Shaw, Anrich Nortje, David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Shardul Thakur, Mustafizur Rahman, Kuldeep Yadav, Ashwin Hebbar, Sarfaraz Khan, KS Bharat, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Mandeep Singh, Khaleel Ahmed, Chetan Sakariya, Lalit Yadav, Ripal Patel, Yash Dhull, Rovman Powell, Pravin Dubey, Lungi Ngidi, Tim Seifert, Vicky Ostwal.
Delhi Capitals Playing 11 2022
- David Warner – Picking David Warner for such a low price was the best deal for DC this year. He started his journey in the 2009 season from this franchise and finally returned back to this franchise. This veteran Aussie opener has a great memory in IPL as he has already won three orange caps and scored 5449 runs in just 150 IPL games with a brilliant average of 41.6. Warner had a great bonding with SRH but due to his poor performance in the last year, SRH management decided to release him. We hope he would succeed in this franchise and score many more runs. Warner would be the opener in DC playing 11 2022.
- Prithvi Shaw – Ahead of this season, DC has retained four players and Prithvi Shaw is one of them. DC has been opening the innings for DC for the last few seasons and doing good. This U-19 world cup(2018) winning captain has played 53 games where he scored 1305 runs at an average of 24.62. his main feature is that he is a natural stroke maker and very consistent. The Mumbai youngster will be a regular name in the Delhi Capitals playing 11 2022.
- KS Bharat – KS Bharat did not get much opportunity to play IPL games but he is a regular member of Andhra Pradesh at the domestic level. He was picked by RCB last year where he 156 runs and played a gutsy knock of 78 runs against DC. He has also got a maiden call from BCCI in the test match against NZ last year. Bharat’s skill might be helpful for DC and earn him the spot in the DC playing 11 2022.
- Rishabh Pant – We do not need to describe Rishabh Pant as he is a sensation for team India right now. He is the first-choice wicketkeeper for the national side. He is the first player DC has retained for this season. He is just 24 years but has a great ability to lead a side appropriately. He has played 86 IPL games and scored 1694 runs with an average of 35.18.
- Mitchell Marsh – One of hero for Australia in the world T20, Mitchell Marsh is now in red hot form. He can bat both in the top order and in the lower middle order. He has a great ability to hit the ball and runs the scoreboard quickly. He has been part of IPL since 2010 and since then he played 21 games where he scored 225 runs and picked up 20 wickets. Marsh now is in good form and can wonder for this franchise this year.
- Rovman Powell – This Jamaican hard hitter was a part of KKR in the 2017 season but did not get a chance to play a single match. Before making his international debut he was magnificent with his willow in the domestic level cricket and he also takes part in various t20 leagues like CPL, PSL, and BPL. He is the third Windies player after Gayle who scored a ton in T20I and we can hope he will do better with Delhi Capitals this season.
- Axar Patel – Axar Patel has been part of this biggest T20 league since 2013 as he started his IPL journey in KXIP. This left-arm orthodox bowler can be reliable with the bat too. He has played 109 ipl matches where he picked up 95 wickets and scored 953 runs. Axar has been fantastic with this franchise and we expect a lot from him in the next season too.
- Shardul Thakur – Popularly known as LORD, Thakur is a multi-dimensional cricketer and we have already witnessed his heroic performance in both the CSK team and the Indian team. Delhi Capitals bought him for INR 10.75 crore and undoubtedly one of the finest deals for them. He was one of the favorite players of MS Dhoni as he was a regular player of CSK and RPS. In his IPL career he picked up 67 wickets in just 61 games and he was also comfortable with his bat.
- Anrich Nortje – The South African fast bowler has been a part of DC since the 2021 season and last year Nortje, Avesh, and Rabada created the best seam bowling side undoubtedly. Delhi-based franchise keep faith in him ahead of this season and retained him. In his IPL career, Nortje picked up 34 wickets in just 24 IPL games at a bowling average of 20.56. his most strength in bowling is his speed as he can bowl at 140+ kmph speed continuously.
- Kuldeep Yadav – The veteran Indian spinner has not many cherished memories in recent times as he was not even able to find a place in KKR’s playing Xi and he also dropped from the national team. We can hope he will get the proper chance in this franchise. This UP-based wrist spinner has played 45 matches where he dismissed batsmen 40 times. His international records are more impressive as he picked up 41 wickets in just 23 games with an average of 14.22.
Chetan Sakariya – This left-arm seamer was part of Rajasthan Royals last year and he had a dream year last year. Sakariya is already debutant for the national team in 2021 in both ODI and T20I. Now Sakariya will take care of the seam bowling department of DC along with Nortje. Last year he picked up 14 wickets in 14 games with an average of 30.43.