IPL 2023 auction has been completed and all the teams have build up their final squads ahead of the next season. The management of Delhi Capitals was quite lucky at the auction as they got some amazing deals. The franchise was successful in covering all the major components of the squad. After the IPL 2023 Auction, Delhi Capitals are looking very positive and impactful. DC have always invested in young players with a view to give a longer-run to most of them. In this auction, they managed to get a mixture of experienced players with promising youngsters. Fans want to know what will be the Delhi Capitals Playing 11 2023.
Now take a look at the DC squad and the possible starting XI for this season.
Delhi Capitals IPL 2023 Squad
Wicketkeepers: Rishabh Pant (c), Phil Salt (ENG).
Batters: Yash Dhull, Sarfaraz Khan, Ripal Patel, Rovman Powell (WI), Prithvi Shaw, David Warner (AUS), Rilee Rossouw (SA), Manish Pandey.
All-rounders: Lalit Yadav, Mitchell Marsh (AUS), Axar Patel.
Bowlers: Khaleel Ahmed, Aman Hakim Khan, Praveen Dubey, Kuldeep Yadav, Mustafizur Rahman (BAN), Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Lungi Ngidi (SA), Anrich Nortje (SA), Vicky Ostwal, Chetan Sakariya, Mukesh Kumar, Ishant Sharma
The Delhi Capitals have consistently been one of the most competitive teams in the IPL, boasting a strong squad of players that have helped them reach the playoffs for the past few seasons. With the 2023 edition of the tournament fast approaching, it’s important to take a closer look at the team’s strongest possible XI.
Delhi Capitals Playing 11 2023
- David Warner – Picking David Warner for such a low price was the best deal for DC this year. He started his journey in the 2009 season from this franchise and finally returned back to this franchise. This veteran Aussie opener has a great memory in IPL as he has already won three orange caps and scored 5449 runs in just 150 IPL games with a brilliant average of 41.6. Warner had a great bonding with SRH but due to his poor performance in the last year, SRH management decided to release him. We hope he would succeed in this franchise and score many more runs. Warner would be the opener in DC playing 11 2023.
- Prithvi Shaw – Ahead of this season, DC has retained four players and Prithvi Shaw is one of them. DC has been opening the innings for DC for the last few seasons and doing good. This U-19 world cup(2018) winning captain has played 53 games where he scored 1305 runs at an average of 24.62. his main feature is that he is a natural stroke maker and very consistent. The Mumbai youngster will be a regular name in the Delhi Capitals playing 11 2023.
- Rilee Rossouw – The South African batsman did not get much opportunity to play IPL games but he is a regular member of his national team. After his impressive performances this year, he has been picked by Delhi Capitals at the auction. Rilee Rossouw’s skill might be helpful for DC and earn him the spot in the DC playing 11 2023.
- Rishabh Pant – We do not need to describe Rishabh Pant as he is a sensation for team India right now. He is the first-choice wicketkeeper for the national side. He is the first player DC has retained for this season. He is just 24 years but has a great ability to lead a side appropriately. He has played 86 IPL games and scored 1694 runs with an average of 35.18.
- Mitchell Marsh – One of hero for Australia in the world T20, Mitchell Marsh is now in red hot form. He can bat both in the top order and in the lower middle order. He has a great ability to hit the ball and runs the scoreboard quickly. He has been part of IPL since 2010 and since then he played 21 games where he scored 225 runs and picked up 20 wickets. Marsh now is in good form and can wonder for this franchise this year.
- Lalit Yadav – Lalit has been magnificent with his willow in the domestic level cricket and he has secured his place in starting 11 of Delhi Capitals. The fans are hoping that he will do better with Delhi Capitals this season.
- Axar Patel – Axar Patel has been part of this biggest T20 league since 2013 as he started his IPL journey in KXIP. This left-arm orthodox bowler can be reliable with the bat too. He has played 109 ipl matches where he picked up 95 wickets and scored 953 runs. Axar has been fantastic with this franchise and we expect a lot from him in the next season too.
- Mukesh Kumar – In the recently concluded auctions, Delhi Capitals bought Mukesh Kumar for INR 5.5 crore and undoubtedly one of the finest deals for them.
- Anrich Nortje – The South African fast bowler has been a part of DC since the 2021 season and last year Nortje, Avesh, and Rabada created the best seam bowling side undoubtedly. Delhi-based franchise keep faith in him ahead of this season and retained him. In his IPL career, Nortje picked up 34 wickets in just 24 IPL games at a bowling average of 20.56. his most strength in bowling is his speed as he can bowl at 140+ kmph speed continuously.
- Kuldeep Yadav – The veteran Indian spinner has not many cherished memories in recent times as he was not even able to find a place in KKR’s playing XI and he also dropped from the national team. We can hope he will get the proper chance in this franchise. This UP-based wrist spinner has played 45 matches where he dismissed batsmen 40 times. His international records are more impressive as he picked up 41 wickets in just 23 games with an average of 14.22.
Chetan Sakariya – This left-arm seamer was part of Rajasthan Royals last year and he had a dream year last year. Sakariya is already debutant for the national team in 2021 in both ODI and T20I. Now Sakariya will take care of the seam bowling department of DC along with Nortje. Last year he picked up 14 wickets in 14 games with an average of 30.43.