Finally, the much-awaited IPL mega auction was held on 12th and 13th February in Bangalore and all the teams build up their squad ahead of the next season. BCCI decided to include two new teams from this year and LSG is one of them. Before entering the auction LSG team management have signed some players- KL Rahul, Marcus Stoinis, and young leggie Ravi Bishnoi for this season and enter the room with pursue of 59 crores INR. They already appointed Gautam Gambhir as a mentor of this team and the team management did well in the mega auction with some smart buys like Quinton De Kock, Mark Wood, Avesh Khan, and Krunal Pandya. Now take a look at the best playing XI for LSG in this season.
LSG Squad for IPL 2022
KL Rahul, Marcus Stoinis, Ravi Bishnoi, Quinton de Kock, Manish Pandey, Jason Holder, Deepak Hooda, Krunal Pandya, Mark Wood, Avesh Khan, Ankit Rajpoot, K Gowtham, Dushmanta Chameera, Shahbaz Nadeem, Manan Vohra, Mohsin Khan, Ayush Badoni, Kyle Mayers, Karan Sharma, Evin Lewis, Mayank Yadav.
IPL 2022 – Lucknow Super Giants Best Playing 11
- KL Rahul – LSG has signed KL Rahul for 17 crore INR before the mega auction and already announced him as he will lead this side this season. We do not need to introduce Rahul as currently, he is one of the top batsmen in the T20. Rahul scored 626 runs last year at an average of 62.60 for his former club PBKS and won the orange cap in the 2020 season. He has a great ability to keep the wickets and we can hope he will do better with this new team. KL Rahul will be the leader of LSG Playing 11 2022.
- Quinton De Kock – Having Quinton De Kock from the mega auction is one of the best deals for LSG this season. This former MI player will be the partner of Rahul to open the innings of LSG and this left hand – the right-hand combination will help them to score more runs. This protea wicketkeeper-batsman played well last two seasons and we can hope he will ground into the field with the same form. He is also likely to keep the gloves for LSG Playing 11 2022.
- Manish Pandey – Manish Pandey was a part of SRH for the last few seasons and this year LSG bought him from the mega auction for 4.6 crore INR. This 32-year-old Karnataka lad has a decent record in the Indian Premier League. He was the first Indian player to score a ton in this million-dollar league. Pandey’s form was not well last year and his strike rate was also questionable as a result he was dropped from the team but in the domestic season of 2021-22 he played well and we can hope that we will see a vintage Manish Pandey in LSG Playing 11 2022.
- Deepak Hooda – Deepak Hooda is a brilliant all-rounder and LSG bagged him in just 5.75 crore INR. He was a part of PBKS last year. This right-handed all-rounder recently made his international debut in the ODI series against WI and he had a brilliant IPL season last year. He can also contribute with his off-spin bowling and can score quick runs. Hooda is coming off a brilliant SMAT season where he scored runs in every match with some aggressive knocks and also contribute to his bowling. Let’s see if he is good for LSG Playing 11 2022 or not.
- Marcus Stoinis – LSG has signed this Australian all-rounder before the mega auction and it was a great move. Stoinis can play anywhere in the batting order and is right to fit into the all-rounder role. He was a part of DC and we have witnessed how helped Australia to win WT20 as he played a major role throughout the tournament. Mainly Stoinis plays a finisher role and has been in really good form in recent BBL. He would be a game-changer for the team in the upcoming 2022 season. He will be the most important all-rounder in LSG Playing 11 2022.
- Krunal Pandya – Krunal Pandya has been a useful addition to the LSG for 8.25 crore INR and he attracted a lot of bidding from franchises like CSK, SRH, and GT. He was a part of Mumbai Indians in the last few seasons and he is one of the T20 specialists. He can add some quick runs in the scoreboard and he chips in with the new ball and can bat at anywhere in the LSG Playing 11 2022 to bring in a left-hand option as well.
- Jason Holder – Jason holder is one of the best all-rounders in recent time and he was a part of SRH last year. He was bagged up for an INR 8.75 crore by the LSG after winning the tug of war against CSK, RR, AND MI. This Windies all-rounder has been in decent form in recent times in international cricket as well as in the T20 league. He played some crucial knocks last year and also picked up 16 wickets at an average of 15.43. Holder recently picked up a hattrick against England and looks in rhythm, especially with the ball. Holder can provide the required depth in LSG Playing 11 2022.
- K Gowtham – K Gowtham was bought for 90 lakh INR by LSG. He was a part of CSK last year and got an attractive deal but was not able to make a spot in playing XI. This 33- year-old all-rounder made his international debut last year and would be a perfect partner of Krunal Pandya in the team. He can also contribute to the team with his bat.
- Ravi Bishnoi – Ravi Bishnoi recently made his debut for the Indian team and was signed by LSG as a draft player before the mega auction. This leggie was very impressive in the U-19 world cup 2020 and his googly can create problems for batsmen in the match. In his IPL career, he picked up 24 wickets in 23 games with an economy of 6.96. We can hope that he will play this year with the same energy and potential. Bishnoi is the only good spinner in LSG Playing 11 2022.
- Mark Wood – Mark wood is an impressive English bowler who is not just contributing to the team with the ball but also with the willow. Despite the 0-4 Ashes lost, he was in great form in that series. Formerly he was a part of CSK but did not get enough games to show his ability but now he is different from then and more mature. He can bowl at 150 kmph speed continuously which is his strength. This 32-year-old English all-rounder can be the x-factor for this franchise.
Avesh Khan – Avesh Khan emerged as the most expensive uncapped player at IPL 2022 Mega Auction. He was picked up by new franchise, Lucknow Super Giants for 10 crore INR. MI, CSK, DC, and SRH showed their interest for the youngster but at last, LSG took him home. Last season, Avesh finished as the second-highest wicket-taker with 24 wickets. He also has a mind-blowing economy of 7.50. Pace and bouncers are his main strength and the yorkers at the death overs make him one of the potent seamers in the T20 cricket.