After two days of intense bidding and confusion, IPL 2023 Mega Auction has finally concluded. All ten teams finalized the squads for the 16th season of the Indian Premier League. It had been a decent auction for Rajasthan Royals. The management have been successful in adding more match-winners in their lineup now. Let’s take a look at predicted Rajasthan Royals Best Playing 11.
Rajasthan Royals IPL 2023 Squad
Rajasthan Royals Best playing 11 for IPL 2023
- Yashasvi Jaiswal : The left hander was bought by Rajasthan Royals for INR 2.40 Cr ahead of the IPL 2020. He was not able to deliver big performances in the last season, so he will try to shine in the IPL 2023. RR showed faith over him by retaining him ahead of the auctions. He will be the opener in RR playing 11 2023.
- Jos Buttler : Butler will definitely make an impact as RR sets to begin their new IPL journey. The English wicketkeeper batsman had scored 254 runs in the IPL 2021 and will be looking to score big in the IPL 2023. He is likely to open with youngster Jaiswal. The most crucial name in the list of RR playing 11 2023.
- Devdutt Padikkal : The youngster is here for the purpose of providing stability and Butler is here to provide experience at the top of the order. Padikkal was a consistent name in Royal Challengers batting lineup. He was also successful in getting runs at the top of the order. However, with the presence of Buttler and Jaiswal in the lineup, he is likely to bat at No 3. Let’s see if he will be able to secure a place in Rajasthan Royals playing 11 2023.
- Sanju Samson : Rajasthan Royals’ captain had a fantastic year as a batsman last year. He was retained by RR for INR 14 Cr with purse deduction set as 16 Cr. Samson is all geared up to lead the team once again. Samson is the captain of RR playing 11 2023.
- Shimron Hetmyer : West Indies batter Shimron Hetmyer was sold to Rajasthan Royals for Rs 8.5 crore. He was the second most expensive signing of RR after Prasidh Krishna. His consistent performances for Delhi Capitals last year earned him this reputation. He scored 242 runs last season for Delhi Capitals at a strike-rate of 168.05. Hetmyer will handle the middle order of RR playing 11 2023.
- Jason Holder : This spot is a competitive one. Rajasthan bought him at the IPL 2023 auction because of his experience. He can deliver match winning performance from both his bowling and batting. However, it is hard to expect four overs from him.
- Riyan Parag : This is a highly doubted spot. However, young Riyan Parag is likely to retain his place in the playing XI for now. His struggle to find consistency in the past might cost him a spot in RR playing 11 2023.
- Ravichandran Ashwin : Ashwin will bring great experience to the field which can be used in the powerplay. He along with Chahal in the RR playing 11 2023 can turn the result of the match. Ashwin is a veteran of the game.
- Trent Boult : The New Zealand fast bowler can be considered as the best left-arm swing bowler in IPL at the moment. He is a wicket-taking asset in the powerplay who has been a crucial part of Mumbai Indians in the past. Boult will lead the pace attack of RR playing 11 2023.
- Yuzvendra Chahal : The deal of Chahal is definitely a bargain for RR because he is arguably India’s finest white-ball spinner at the moment. He was excellent for RCB and always took wickets in the need of the hour. He might proved to be the best wicket taker in RR best playing 11 2023.
Prasidh Krishna : Prasidh Krishna was Rajasthan’s most expensive recruit at the Mega auction, so it is obvious to see his name in the starting XI. Prasidh was also excellent against West Indies in the recent ODI’s, where he won the player of the series award.