The mega auction has ended and all the teams have completed their respective squad. In 2021, Hyderabad finished at the bottom of the table with just three wins from 14 games. Sunrisers Hyderabad bought a total of 20 players at the IPL 2022 Mega auction. SRH has able to built a squad capable enough to be a challenge at IPL 2022. Ahead of the mega auction, SRH retained its skipper Kane Williamson along with pacer Umran Malik and all-rounder Abdul Samad. In the mega auction, they were able to bought back the likes of their former players – Bhuvneshwar Kumar and T Natarajan. In this article, we will see the best playing 11 of SRH in IPL 2022.
Sunrisers Hyderabad IPL 2022 Final Squad
Kane Williamson, Abdul Samad, Umran Malik, Washington Sundar, Nicholas Pooran, T Natarajan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Priyam Garg, Rahul Tripathi, Abhishek Sharma, Kartik Tyagi, Shreyas Gopal, J Suchith, Aiden Markram, Marco Jansen, Romario Shepherd, R Samarth, Shashank Singh, Saurabh Dubey, Vishnu Vinod, Glenn Phillips, Fazalhaq Farooqi.
SRH Playing 11 2022
- Kane Williamson : One of the top-batters in the world currently, Williamson is one of the biggest positives for SRH. After playing for SRH for years now, Williamson has become an integral member of the franchise. He has scored 1885 runs in 63 IPL games at a splendid average of 40.11. He also won the orange cap in the 2018 season. The skipper will be the first name in SRH playing 11 2022.
- Abhishek Sharma : The management has confirmed that the youngster will be a part of SRH Playing 11 2022. Abhishek Sharma will open the innings for SRH. His multi-dimensional gameplay has given him high rating. Three of the IPL franchises went against each other for him in the auction, which was eventually won by SRH. Abhishek Sharma was a member of the winning Indian side at the U19 World Cup 2018.
- Rahul Tripathi : The former KKR batsman has played a few quality knocks in the recent seasons of the IPL which has earned him this price. Tripathi is most likely to play in the middle order for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the 2022 season. He started his IPL career with Rising Pune Supergiants and proved himself while playing with Kolkata Knight Riders. In IPL , he has scored 1385 runs in 62 games. He is also an option to open the innings.
- Aiden Markram : The South African batsman is known for his technical batting abilities. Markram was a part of Punjab Kings camp last year and he did a fine job for them. He came to limelight at the T20 World Cup. Markram was the best player for South Africa at the tournament. Markram will play in the middle order in SRH Playing 11 2022.
- Nicholas Pooran : Pooran was SRH’s most expensive buy in the IPL 2022 mega auction. The attacking left-handed batter is one of the best strikers of the ball at the moment. He was a part of Punjab Kings last year. He has scored 606 runs in 33 IPL games. His good wicket-keeping skills makes him a valuable player and a great T20 package for SRH Playing 11 2022.
- Washington Sundar : The all-rounder has been a crucial player for Royal Challengers Bangalore for the last few seasons. He has done extremely economical bowling in the powerplay and in the middle-overs. RCB was quite disappointed when they lost they him during the auction. His effective off-spin makes him a valuable T20 cricketer for SRH Playing 11 2022. Washington has played 42 IPL games and has picked 27 wickets. He has scored 217 runs in 26 innings in the IPL.
- Abdul Samad : SRH’s management shown immense faith in this young talent by retaining him ahead of the mega auction. Samad has the ability to strike the cricket balls for really big maximums which is enough to earn him a position in SRH playing 11. In previous seasons, Abdul has fired big sixes against top international bowlers like Jasprit Bumrah, Kagiso Rabada, and Pat Cummins.
- Romario Shepherd : This new signing is an all-rounder who hails from Guyana. SRH bought him for a whopping sum of 7.75 CR in the IPL 2022 mega auction. Shepherd possess a natural ability to bowl fast. His great height provides him extra bounce on any pitch. Romario has the ability to hit some quickfire runs which makes him even more valuable. Romario has played 14 T20Is for the West Indies and has scored 117 runs in five innings at an incredible strike rate of 160.27.
- Shreyas Gopal : Rashid Khan decided to go to auction and was picked by the new franchise. To replace him, SRH needed a quality wrist-spinner to give important breakthroughs in the middle-overs. For this, the management decided to brought in Shreyas Gopal in the SRH Playing 11 2022. The Karnataka Spinner has been playing in IPL for years and has good experience of playing T20 cricket. He is a regular feature for Karnataka in domestic tournaments.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar : The Indian veteran has not been at his best for a few years. But it cannot deny the fact that he is one of the most successful bowlers in the history of IPL. Bhuvi is the only player who won the purple cap twice in successive seasons. Bhuvneshwar has been playing for SRH playing 11 for a long time. He has played 132 IPL games in which he picked up 142 wickets at a bowling average of 25.27.
Umran Malik : SRH showed faith on this youngster by retaining him ahead of the likes of some big players. Umran Malik will have a bigger role to play in IPL 2022 and the SRH fans will expect him to prove his worth. Let’s see if he will be a part of SRH Playing 11 2022 or not.