Finally, the much-awaited IPL mega auction was successfully conducted on 12th and 13th February in Bengaluru and all the teams build up their squad ahead of the next season. The five-time champion, most successful team of the Indian Premier League (IPL) history Mumbai Indians remained silent throughout the major part of the mega auction, but came storming back on Sunday and complete their squad of 25 members with some tremendous picks. In this article, we will predict the Mumbai Indians Best Playing 11 in IPL 2022.
On the very first day, they went all out for Ishan Kishan and fortunately won this battle and bought him back for a whooping INR 15.25 crore. This was the highest bid for any player in this season. Mumbai did not place any strong bids throughout the first half of the second day of the auction despite having 29 crores. The team was looking very average concerning other teams before buying English speedster Jofra Archer with INR 8 crore. Archer will not be play in this edition of the tournament but will be available for the 2023 and 2024 seasons.
Bolstering their bowling attack and to fill the absence of Archer, they filled the bowling unit with other deadly and experienced seam bowlers like Tymal Mills and Meredith. Tim David was one of the great picks by MI team management but somehow their batting section looks very average especially the middle order section. Now, look at the Mumbai Indians Squad for next season.
Mumbai Indians IPL 2023 Squad
Wicketkeepers: Ishan Kishan, Tristan Stubbs (SA), Vishnu Vinod.
Batters: Rohit Sharma, Tim David (AUS), Ramandeep Singh, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Dewald Brevis (SA).
All-rounders: Nehal Wadhera, Shams Mulani, Duan Jansen (SA), Cameron Green (AUS).
Bowlers: Jofra Archer (ENG), Jasprit Bumrah, Arshad Khan, Jason Behrendorff (AUS), Kumar Kartikeya, Akash Madhwal, Hrithik Shokeen, Arjun Tendulkar, Raghav Goyal, Piyush Chawla, Jhye Richardson (AUS).
IPL 2023 : Mumbai Indians Predicted Playing 11
- Rohit Sharma : Undoubtedly Rohit Sharma is one of the best batsmen in the toughest T20 league in the world. Rohit Sharma is the first player whom MI retained for the next season with an amount of 16 crores. Rohit Sharma is the best captain till now with the 5 IPL titles. He scored 381 runs in 13 games and finished the season as the top run-getter for the franchise. He will be the first name in the list of MI playing 11 2023.
- Ishan Kishan : Mumbai Indians team management confirmed Ishan Kishan will open this season along with skipper Rohit Sharma. This left-handed wicket-keeper batsman blows a craze among the audience after MI bought back him with 15.25 crore. His performance last season was not remarkable but in the 2020 season, he was amazing as he was the top run-getter for the team. In his career, he scored 1452 runs in 61 games with an average of 28.47 and with an average of 136. There is no doubt that he is the future of this franchise.
- Suryakumar Yadav : Surya Kumar Yadav is the third player whom Mumbai Indians retained ahead of next season. MI offered him 8 crores for the next season. SKY is now one of the regular members of the Indian National team. Last season he smashed 317 runs in 14 games with 2 half-centuries. He always plays with the strike rate of nearly 130 and he is confirmed at no. 3 position in the batting section.
- Tilak Verma : We know this Mumbai Based franchise always helps the youngsters to grow up and we have witnessed how MI supported Jasprit Bumrah and Hardik Pandya from their journey starts. Tilak Verma is one of the rising stars who can smash the ball with a strike rate of 143.44 and also he can bowl spin as a part-time spinner.
- Cameron Green : The Australian all rounder has been brought in to fill the gap left by Kieron Pollard and Hardik Pandya. Cameron Green was signed in the IPL 2023 auctions for a whopping sum of INR 17.50 crore which made him the second-most expensive player in IPL.
- Tim David : Tim David will be the perfect partner of Kieron Pollard in the lower middle order to accelerate the scoreboard. In 11 t20 games, David has scored 429 runs at an average of 47.67. He can also bowl on a part-time basis and performed well in the PSL this season.
- Jofra Archer : Mumbai purchased him in IPL 2022 Mega Auction even though it was clear that he will not be able to participate in that season. However, he is all clear to play in IPL 2023. Archer has great experience of T20 leagues as he takes part regularly in BBL and PSL. He will not just strengthen their batting unit but also the bowling department as well as the fielding purpose, as he can complete a total bowling quota of 4 overs.
- Jasprit Bumrah : MI retained Jasprit Bumrah as the second retention ahead of next season. Undoubtedly Bumrah is a crucial part of the team as he can bowl at any stage of the game. Last season he picked up 21 wickets in just 14 games at an excellent average of 19.52 and finished the season as the top wicket-taker of the team. Hopefully, he will be back in the ground with the same energy next season.
- Kumar Kartikeya: He is an impressive young leggie. Under Rohit Sharma, Kumar Kartikeya can grow to his full potential. Just like the case of Rahul Chahar, Karthikeya is an upcoming prospect for the national team as well. His surprise delivers like googly can trouble the batsmen in the league.
- Hrithik Shokeen : He is always a star performer in the domestic circuit and also in the IPL but unfortunately, he could not perform in the national team. MI picked this left-arm seamer who can bowl at any stage of the game and in his career he picked up 85 wickets in his 86 appearances in the league with an economy of 8.74.
Jhye Richardson : With the presence of Bumrah and Archer as two lethal fast bowlers, Jhye Richardson will also be there to strengthen the bowling attack. In the absence of any one of Bumrah or Archer, he could be a perfect partner. He is very impactful in the team as he can change his speed at any time and his slower deliveries might create a problem for batsmen. He was not so successful but it will be interesting to see how Rohit Sharma will use him in the match.