The auction for IPL 2023 season was held in Kochi and all the franchises have build up their final squad for the next season. RCB management returned home with some promising buys like Faf Du Plessis, Josh Hazlewood, Wanindu Hasaranga, and Dinesh Karthik. They already retained Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, and Mohammed Siraj for the next season and entered the auction room with a pursue of 57 crores. Now take a look at the RCB squad for this season and here’s the possible XI in the 2023 season. RCB playing 11 2023 is definitely going to be filled with some big names.
RCB IPL 2023 Squad
Wicketkeepers: Anuj Rawat, Dinesh Karthik.
Batters: Faf du Plessis (SA), Finn Allen (NZ), Virat Kohli, Rajat Patidar, Suyash Prabhudessai, Will Jacks (ENG).
All-rounders: Wanindu Hasaranga (SL), Mahipal Lomror, Glenn Maxwell (AUS), Shahbaz Ahmed, Sonu Yadav, Manoj Bhandage.
Bowlers: Akash Deep, Josh Hazlewood (AUS), Siddarth Kaul, Mohammed Siraj, Harshal Patel, Karn Sharma, David Willey (ENG), Avinash Singh, Rajan Kumar, Reece Topley (ENG), Himanshu Sharma.
Who will be the captain of RCB in IPL 2023?
Faf Du Plessis will be the captain of RCB in IPL 2023. The former Proteas skipper and former CSK opener was bought by RCB for 7 crore INR at the IPL 2022 Mega Auction. RCB brought Du Plessis because the team needed a skipper after Virat Kohli decided to step down from the captaincy. The management has faith in Faf and he is all set to lead the team again in 2023.
RCB probable playing 11 2023
- Faf Du Plessis – and undoubtedly it is the best buy for RCB this season. He was the second-highest run-getter last season as he scored 633 runs in 16 matches. He is also the highest overseas run-getter for CSK as he has amassed 2935 runs averaging 34.94. Faf Du Plessis has a great ability to accelerate the scoreboard in the powerplay. The South African batsman is a promising player who can take the responsibility of the batting department as we have witnessed many occasions on which he saved CSK from collapsing. He is all set to lead RCB playing 11 2023.
- Virat Kohli – Virat Kohli does not need any introduction but the most shocking part is that he will not lead the team this time as he already announced prior auction. He has been part of this franchise from the very first season and he is the leading run-scorer of this T20 league having scored 6283 runs from 207 appearances with an average of 37.39 and a strike rate of 129.94 including five centuries and 42 half-centuries. There is a high chance that he will open the innings for RCB playing 11 2023 just like the previous season.
- Glenn Maxwell – Glenn Maxwell was one of the star performers for RCB after he was picked by RCB management for 14.25 crores. Owing to his form, the team also retained him for this season. He scored 513 runs in just 15 matches with an average of 42.75 and a strike rate of 144.40. He is also in the competition for taking the baton of the team this season. Maxwell can complete the total bowling quota which makes him more impactful for the team. He also played a major role for Australia in the WT20. Due to his injury we might not see his name in RCB playing 11 2023.
- Dinesh Karthik – Dinesh Karthik returned to RCB once again after the 2015 season. He has been part of two times champion KKR since 2018 and was released by his former team. Undoubtedly he will take the responsibility of finishing the innings along with Maxwell along with keeping the wicket for RCB. Karthik still has the caliber to play a role in RCB playing 11 2023.
- Wanindu Hasaranga – The Sri Lankan all-rounder was bought by RCB for 10.75 crores in the mega auction. Hasaranga was the only consistent player for Sri Lanka in the T20 World Cup where he picked16 wickets with an economy of 5.20. He had registered a hattrick at the World T20 last year in the UAE. Googly is the main weapon for him and he can also bat at the top order as he has the ability to accelerate the scoreboard quickly. which makes him a regular in RCB playing 11 2023.
- Shahbaz Ahmed – This is the third time RCB has shown faith in him and bagged him again from the mega auction for 2.40 crore. Shahbaz Ahmed is mainly a bowling all-rounder but he has a great ability to hit the ball. In the 2020 season he got the opportunity to play just 2 matches and picked up 2 wickets and the last season he dismissed 11 wickets in 9 appearances. In the 2019-20 season, he registered a hattrick against Hyderabad in the Ranji Trophy.
- Mahipal Lomror – RCB always helps the youngsters and groom them properly as we have already witnessed how they helped Mohammed Siraj and Harshal Patel from the beginning of their journey. We can expect they might give attention to this youngster in the same way. Lomor was part of the Rajasthan-based franchise last year and in his IPL career, he scored 181 runs in just 11 matches. He mainly plays at the lower middle order RCB can give him chance in the top order that will also helpful for him to express the spark. He always plays a major role for Rajasthan in domestic level cricket.
- Harshal Patel – The Purple cap holder of last season Harshal Patel finally came back in the RCB den in return of 10.75 crores. He dismissed 32 wickets last year and has already debuted for team India. At the auction table, RCB faced a huge competition against CSK and SRH to bought back him, and fortunately, they won this tug war. His speed and change in pace is the main power in his bowling and batsmen failed to score against him last season due to these reasons.
- Karn Sharma – This 34-year-old leg spinner was bought by RCB for 50 Lakh INR and he will be the perfect partner of Hasaranga. This leg spinner has represented such champion teams as CSK, SRH, and MI and his experience will help the bowling department of RCB. RCB bought him to fill the spot of Yuzi Chahal and we can hope he will succeed in the game.
- Josh Hazlewood – RCB management bought this Australian bowler from the mega auction table for 7.75 INR. RCB outclassed MI, CSK, LSG, and the DC to buy this Aussie seamer. Hazlewood was part of CSK for the last few seasons and picked up a total of 12 wickets in 12 matches. He was also consistent in the world T20 and played a major role in the squad. His slow deliveries as well as bouncers might create a problem for batsmen.
- Mohammed Siraj – Mohammed Siraj is one of the three retentions for RCB for this season and this Hyderabad-based promising speed star has been a part of this franchise since 2018. He took 11 wickets in just 15 matches last season and a total of 50 wickets since his debut and he is very impactful with the new ball as he can swing the ball in both directions.