Australia will enter this tournament with the hopes of defending their title. The T20 World Cup 2022 will be even more special for them because it will be captain Aaron Finch’s last dance in international cricket. So the players will try their best to give a perfect farewell to Finch by winning the trophy again this time. In this post, we have made a prediction on Australia’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
Australia’s Squad for T20 World Cup 2022
Australia’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022
Defending champions Australia made just one change to their winning squad of T20 World Cup 2021. The selectors selected big hitter Tim David in place of leg spinner Mitchell Swepson with big hitter Tim David. Their playing 11 will be just like the previous edition with only one change. Here is Australia’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022:
- David Warner : – Warner had a tremendous season last time. He won the Player of the Tournament in 2021 Warner will be the opener of Australia’s playing 11 in T20 World Cup 2022.
- Aaron Finch :- Finch has been unable to perform with the bat for a long time. He also had a very substandard tournament last time. But the fact is that he still managed to lead Australia to its first world title in the shortest format of the game. His captaincy gets him a spot in Australia’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
- Mitchell Marsh :- The all rounder was ruled out of the India tour due to an injury but he has been named in Australia’s 15 member squad for T20 World cup 2022. Marsh has successfully captured his number three place in the starting lineup. He was also the hero in the final of the last edition.
- Glenn Maxwell :- Along with bowling a few overs, Maxwell also provides the much-needed support in the middle order. He loves playing at home and will be very impactful this time around. Maxwell surely finds a way to the Australia’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
- Tim David :- Veteran batsman Steve Smith has to make way for the hard hitter Tim David. Smith’s form has been a matter of concern in the Australian dressing room. With other explosive options available, it would be best to give a break to Smith.
- Marcus Stoinis :- He is the kind of finisher who is desired by every T20 team. Stoinis is known for big hitting at the slog overs. Marcus has perfects stepped in the footsteps of Shane Watson. With his bowling and batting, he offers much-required balance to the team.
- Mathew Wade :- He didn’t have a good IPL but players like him are required in crunch situations. Wade has a truck-load of experience which gets him a place in Australia’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022. He was the hero in the T20 World Cup 2021 semi final where he smashed 3 sixes off Shaheen Shah Afridi.
- Pat Cummins :- The deputy skipper is well aware of how to perform on the global stage. With his stardom, Cummins can easily walk into any T20 side. He offers a complete package with the ball and bat.
- Josh Hazlewood :- This time the tournament will be played on home turf. Therefore, the fans can expect a lot of damage from the pace attack of Australia in the T20 World Cup. The Aussies have a lethal pace trio of Hazlewood, Cummins and Starc.
- Adam Zampa :- Zampa is the only leg-spinner in the squad and has also done well to get a place in the playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022. The Australian pitches are quite big in size and therefore it is not easy for the batters to hit the ball across. Zampa can make effective use of these conditions.
Mitchell Starc :- The only issue with Starc is frequent injuries. If he will be completely fit for the World Cup then he is going to be a nightmare for batsmen in Australian conditions. He completes the Australia’s best playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
Read Also :- India’s Best Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022