England manager Gareth Southgate has announced his 26-man squad for the upcoming World Cup 2022 in Qatar. After a good phase of club football, it is time for international football in November. England have to play against Iran, USA and Wales in the group stage of FIFA World Cup 2022. Let’s take a look at England Squad for World Cup 2022.
England World Cup 2022 Squad
Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal), Nick Pope (Newcastle United).
Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Coady (Everton), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ben White (Arsenal).
Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (West Ham United).
Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham), James Maddison (Leicester City), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Callum Wilson (Newcastle).
Key takeaways from England World Cup 2022 Squad
- James Maddison has been called up for the World Cup after being omitted for Nations League.
- Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho misses out due to plenty of forwards available for Southgate.
- Harry Maguire has been selected despite struggling for a position in Manchester United.
- Marcus Rashford is back in the squad after missing out the previous fixtures of Nations League due to injury.
- Eric Dier made to the England World Cup Squad back after two years.
- Manchester United Goalkeeper Dean Henderson failed to get a place in the squad.
England World Cup 2022 Group
England World Cup 2022 Schedule
The Three Lions will play against Iran on November 21. Then they will play against USA on 26 November. England’s final group stage fixture will be against Wales on November 30.