England manager Gareth Southgate has announced his 25-man squad for the upcoming UEFA EURO 2024 qualifying campaign. After a good phase of club football, it is time for international football in June. England have to play against Malta and North Macedonia later this month. Let’s take a look at England Squad for Euro 2024 qualifiers.
The Three Lions will continue their qualifying campaign of UEFA Euro 2024 with a trip to Malta at the Ta’Qali National Stadium on Friday, June 16, kick-off 19.45 (UK). The second match of June will be against North Macedonia at Old Trafford on Monday, June 19, kick-off 19.45 (UK).
England Squad for Euro 2024 qualifiers
Goalkeepers: Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)
Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (West Ham United)
Forwards: Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), James Maddison (Leicester City), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Callum Wilson (Newcastle United)
Key takeaways from England EURO 2024 qualifiers Squad
- Trent Alexander-Arnold get a place in Southgate’s squad for Euro 2024 qualifiers scheduled in the month of June 2023.
- Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho misses out due to plenty of forwards available for Southgate.
- Harry Maguire has been selected despite struggling for a position in Manchester United.
- Marcus Rashford is back in the squad after missing out the previous fixtures of Nations League due to injury.
- Eric Dier misses out again after being recalled in the previous England Squad.
- Manchester United Goalkeeper Dean Henderson failed to get a place in the squad.
- Chelsea pair Ben Chilwell and Reece James didn’t get a place in the squad even after recovering from injuries.
- Chelsea’s Raheem Sterling failed to get a place in England Squad for UEFA Euro 2024 qualifiers.