France manager Dider Deschamps has announced the French squad for FIFA World Cup 2022. France are the defending world champions. The World Cup will start in the third week of November. France have been placed in Group D along with Australia, Tunisia and Denmark. Let’s take a look at France World Cup 2022 squad.
France EURO 2024 qualifiers Squad
Goalkeepers: Mike Maignan (AC Milan), Alphonse Areola (West Ham United), Brice Samba (Lens)
Defenders: Theo Hernandez (AC Milan), Jules Kounde (Barcelona), Benjamin Pavard (Bayern Munich), Wesley Fofana (Chelsea), Dayot Upamecano (Bayern Munich), Eduardo Camavinga (Real Madrid), William Saliba (Arsenal), Ibrahima Konate (Liverpool)
Midfielders: Adrien Rabiot (Juventus), Aurelien Tchouameni (Real Madrid), Youssouf Fofana (Monaco), Khephren Thuram (Nice), Jordan Veretout (Marseille)
Forwards: Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain), Olivier Giroud (AC Milan), Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid), Moussa Diaby (Bayer Leverkusen), Randal Kolo Muani (Eintracht Frankfurt), Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich), Marcus Thuram (Borussia Monchengladbach)
Key Takeaways from France EURO 2024 qualifiers Squad
- No Benzema in the squad as he has announced already announced his international retirement after FIFA World Cup 2022.
Barcelona superstar Ousmane Dembele has earned a recall to the France squad after his impressive performances for Barcelona this season.
- Veteran striker Olivier Giroud is also included in the France squad.
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba and Chelsea’s Kante are also not available due to being unfit.
- France will have a new midfield after its two main players got injured.
- Real Madrid duo of Eduardo Camavinga and Aurelien Tchouameni got the call-up.
- Real Madrid left back Ferland Mendy failed to get a place in the 26-man squad.