France manager Dider Deschamps has announced the French squad for FIFA World Cup 2022. France are the defending world champions. The World Cup will start in the third week of November. France have been placed in Group D along with Australia, Tunisia and Denmark. Let’s take a look at France World Cup 2022 squad.
France World Cup 2022 Squad
Goalkeepers: Alphonse Areola, Hugo Lloris, Steve Mandanda
Defenders: Lucas Hernandez, Theo Hernandez, Presnel Kimpembe, Ibrahima Konate, Jules Kounde, Benjamin Pavard, William Saliba, Dayot Upamecano, Raphael Varane
Midfielders: Eduardo Camavinga, Youssouf Fofana, Matteo Guendouzi, Adrien Rabiot, Aurelien Tchouameni, Jordan Veretout
Forwards: Karim Benzema, Kingsley Coman, Ousmane Dembele, Olivier Giroud, Antoine Griezmann, Kylian Mbappe, Christopher Nkunku
Key Takeaways from France World Cup 2022 Squad
Barcelona superstar Ousmane Dembele has earned a recall to the France squad after his impressive performances for Barcelona this season.
- Veteran striker Olivier Giroud is also included in the France squad.
Karim Benzema will lead the attacking line of France at Qatar.
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba is also not available after undergoing knee surgery.
- Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante has been ruled out due to injury.
- France will have a new midfield after its two main players got injured.
- Manchester United defender Raphael Varane who is currently being sidelined due to injury has been included in France World Cup 2022 Squad.
- Real Madrid left back Ferland Mendy failed to get a place in the 26-man squad.
France World Cup 2022 Group
France have been placed in Group D for the 2022 World Cup alongside Australia, Denmark and Tunisia.
France World Cup 2022 Schedule
- Australia – November 23
- Denmark – November 26
- Tunisia – November 30
Les Bleus will start their campaign of World Cup by facing Australia on November 23 at the Al Wakrah Sports Complex. Their second match will be against Denmark at Stadium 974 on November 26. France will finish their first stage of their campaign against Tunisia on November 30.